Computer literary, computer competency (10/05hrs)
- Computer literacy: general knowledge of what computers are used for and some general experience in using them. List the purposes in using computers
- Computer competency: ability to use the computer as a tool for particular purposes A general introduction-email, conferencing programs (written and spoken), word processing programs, language archives (written and spoken)
Requirement of classroom materials (10/05hrs)
Using text books accompanied by CD-ROM disc, which has practice exercises, self-check tests, extra reading material.
Speech processing (10/05hrs)
Access to speech recognition programs, simple exercises in pronunciation, feedback graphs showing accuracy of learner’s control of phonemic and prosodic elements.
Effective use of email (10/05hrs)
- Choose the appropriate software and learn how to use the email system confidently.
- Communicate with the teacher and others to carry out task-based learning projects.
Library skills (10/05hrs)
- Understanding classification system
- Using a library catalogue
- Using the content/index pages of a book to find reference
- Finding information quickly from bibliography
-Library skills questionnaire, e.g. Write down the classification numbers of the following books and find them on the shelves. -Give the names and numbers of the books that give information about the following topics
Dictionary studies (10/05hrs)
- Getting familiar with the format of good monolingual dictionary entries
- Finding their way around the information a dictionary offers
- Discuss the role of a dictionary
- Assign activities which show the kinds of meanings that are presented and how they are presented.